Monday, August 23, 2010

Jumping Back In

Even as things were getting serious with the Diplomat and I was slipping into “accidental monogamy,” I remained in contact with several of the guys I had been dating. For the most part, these were interactions as friends, like when the Pirate came to the burlesque show with me over the weekend. Mr. Dimple is another one whose friendship has grown over the past few months. When I told him I didn't think I wanted to be sleeping with other people back in May, he took it totally in stride and never forced the issue. He was also the first person I talked to when I discovered the Diplomat's cheating.

Mr. Dimple's live-in girlfriend went out of town for a few days, and he invited me to come hang out for the day on Thursday since my internship was over. Don't worry, his girlfriend was totally cool with it- unlike some, they are upfront with each other when they're seeing other people. She and I have even hung out. The invitation was mostly as friends, though, and I was looking forward to hanging out with him.

Since his girlfriend had taken their car to go out of town, I drove down to his house. I'll admit, in going to his house for the first time I was most excited to meet his dog. He has an adorable, sweet Rottweiler (I think?) mix that is a total love-bug. The dog and I were instant friends. It may have something to do with the treats I gave him.

We picked up some Thai carry-out, which we took back to his place to eat while watching streaming netflix. Oh, how I love you, streaming netflix. We laughed our assess off at the debauched comedy of Louis CK, and then got comfy together on the couch as we started what turned out to be a bad-movie marathon. Sitting next to each other turned into leaning on him, which turned into laying together on the couch. Still, it wasn't until the end of the last movie that we started making out.

I had forgotten what an amazing kisser Mr. Dimple is. Just the right amount of pressure and tongue- he sent shivers down my spine. Just as I had been nervous before my date with Isaiah that I wasn't ready to go out with a new person, I had been wondering when I'd be ready to have sex with somebody after months of monogamy. As his hands founds his way to my bra clasp, I knew I was ready to jump back in RIGHT THEN.

And man, was it a good way to do so. We didn't even make it to the bedroom- he just bent me over the back of the couch. His hands were everywhere I wanted them to be, and his mouth moved from my shoulders to my neck to right behind my earlobes, and back again. When it was over, I collapsed into a sweaty, giggling heap on the couch. “I really needed that,” I explained, and promptly let myself fall over onto his lap.

I finally got around to collecting myself enough to get dressed and ready to go. With a huge hug, a friendly kiss, and a contented grin, I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment