Monday, May 24, 2010

Catching Up, or Why Grad School Controls My Life

I apologize for my lack of posting in the last few weeks- I've been swamped with work for the end of my semester. Grad school can be a bitch that way!

First things first, McCool is okay. He's back at home and seems to be recovering well. It looks like it's just a case of him losing the genetic lottery.

I haven't been going out a ton lately, for the same reason I haven't had time to post. I did have another date with the Mad Scientist that ended in him coming back to my place. He was amused that I had “his brand” of condoms. You may call it wishful thinking, but a girl shouldn't be without at least a few Magnums!

The Mad Scientist really is a good kisser. I'd go so far as to say that he's a great kisser. But the actual sex is just...okay. I suppose the enthusiasm with which he approaches it counts for something, but I was seriously worried that we were going to wake up my housemates with the way my bed was squeaking! I think I need to tighten the bolts now.

I think he thought I was joking when I told him he could spend the night, but I had to leave by 7am to get to school. Sadly, I was not. I let him sleep in while I got ready, then woke him up and rushed off. He's called me a couple times since then. It's so strange to be dating a guy who willingly calls! I can't remember any other guys like that.

Also at the beginning of the month, the Diplomat went to Spain and France for a week. That is, he went to Spain, and was supposed to go to France, but his flight was grounded with the ongoing spewing of that-Icelandic-volcano-that-no-one-can-pronounce (hey, it takes about as long to say that as to actually say Eyjafjallajokull.) Because of that, he came home a few days early.

He was originally scheduled to be back Thursday evening, and the plan was for me to go to his house and make him dinner. With the change, though, he was getting back on Tuesday, when I have class. When I got there after, HE had made ME dinner! I couldn't believe it. Of course, that meant I had to repay him with a little something special. I was impressed he could perform after 10 hours on a plane, but perform he did.

The other big thing he did while he was gone was to finally grow the beard I've been bugging him to try. He just seemed like the kind of guy that could pull it off, and I was right. He's gotten nothing but compliments since, and I've of course taken all the credit.

There's much more that has happened, but I am going to have to take some time to try and sort it all into coherent stories. So look forward to a posting binge this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment