Saturday, March 6, 2010

Friday, Part 1- Cute girls and chocolate chip cookies

Friday afternoon was a first date with a girl I met through my favorite online dating site. We'd been talking back and forth, and a week ago I finally took the initiative to ask her out. We arbitrarily picked a time and date (well, she arbitrarily picked. I had to make sure it fit in my schedule) and she suggested a local cafe that has good coffee and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Of course I was sold on the idea.

She's a graphic design student (henceforth, the Design Student) at the local artsy college. My first introduction to the students at this school came via the Anarchist, who took me to a house party at a collective house. It was a vegan house, with at least 10 students living there, and no one had a key. My favorite part was when someone showed up with Guinness and all the people were warning each other “don't drink the Guinness! It's not vegan!” Ah, vegans. Thankfully, the Design Student wasn't one of these types. She's super cute and bubbly-looking- wavy bobbed brown hair, purple glasses, curvy in the right places- just the way I like them. And she's tall, too- the last girl I dated was maybe 5'2”, and I'm 5'9” when I'm not wearing heels (which is rare) so a girl that comes up above my chin is a rare treat.

The date went really well. It's always so hard to tell with a first date how you're doing, but we made plans to get together again soon, so I think that's a good sign. She's very into swing dancing, which I've never done, so we decided that she'll take me swing dancing and I'll take her to yoga, which she's always wanted to try. She was nervous about going out with someone new since she's graduating in May and planning to move back to the west coast, but I don't think that's a problem. I don't think every date has to turn into a relationship, and I don't think that every relationship has to end in marriage to have made it worth while. One of the benefits of polyamory, I suppose!

The date ended with a hug. I'm a first date kisser, but I know a lot of people aren't, so I'm not going to read into it. Then she bounced off down the street to catch a bus...so cute.

I'll have to save my third date of the day as another post. Does that count as three dates? Maybe two and a half, since the Anarchist was a holdover from the night before. The point is, Friday was a very good, very busy day.

1 comment:

  1. ya can't go wrong with a good cookie
    and vegans are missing out on great beer
    I look forward to reading more and being a voyeur (sp?) to you exploits

    sign me
    The Dough Girl

    ReplyDelete