Saturday, March 20, 2010

Thursday- Taking Back Dessert, Pt. 1

What, you thought I was just kidding when I said I was doing it?

Thursday night, the Anarchist and I had tentative plans to go to a drag show. When it came down to it, though, I just wasn't in the mood to be social. Instead, I suggested we go get dessert.

At some point in the last week, the weather has suddenly made the jump from winter to spring. Beautiful 70 degree days, warm-ish nights- it's all I can do to keep myself indoors to get work done. This beautiful weather has also started off the season of ice cream. Unfortunately, this meant when the Anarchist suggested gelato for dessert, we weren't the only ones with that idea.

The place was packed and the line was long, but we started talking to the couple in line behind us and debating about which gelato flavors we were going to try. I finally decided on cardamom and pistachio. I think cardamom gelato needs to be added to my death row meal. It's creamy and spicy and sweet, all at the same time. I'm salivating just thinking about it!

As we were driving back to his house, the Anarchist and I were talking. I don't remember what I was telling him about, but I kept getting halfway through my sentence only for him to interrupt me. I'd start again, and he'd interrupt again! Finally I snapped at him- “can I PLEASE finish my sentence?” Let me tell you, that's the quickest way to ruin an evening. He apologized, but it's been a constant problem with him. It's hard to tell sometimes if he's even listening; he'll get really quiet while I'm talking, and then go off in a completely different direction of conversation that has nothing to do with whatever I've just said.

Honestly, he'd make a really crappy boyfriend for me. We still have enough fun in other ways, though, that I like hanging out with him most of the time. They can't all be perfect, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment