Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Friday- Handsy McHandserson

When I was out working with the Dreamer on Friday, I was a little worried about getting back late for my second date with the Linguist. We had originally planned to do dinner, a movie, and drinks afterwards, but when I found out I was going to be working that day we changed it to a movie and then dinner. In general, movies aren't a great date early in a relationship, but we were both really excited about seeing Kick-Ass.

Now, let me say that I enjoy a certain measure of PDA. I've dated guys who weren't comfortable kissing or sometimes even holding hands in public, but I think as long as you're not being obscene, it's sweet. The Linguist, though, makes even me look like a prude. While we were sitting in our seats waiting for the movie to start, he was turned completely sideways in his seat so he could look at me, and he was rubbing my arm and the back of my neck while we talked. It was sweet in a way, but come on man! I was trying to watch the previews!

We walked over to the restaurant after the movie, and when we got to our table, he actually pulled my chair out for me. Chivalrous? Yes. I'm not an angry feminist who gets upset about men opening doors for me, but it did give me a bit of pause. I mean, what am I supposed to do? Does he push the chair in when I sit down, or do I? Women aren't trained for these kinds of situations anymore! I think I need to get myself to etiquette school.

The whole time, the Linguist kept making rather overt hints that he wanted to be invited back to my place. The day before when I changed plans because of painting he joked that I would need a massage afterwards, and that he'd be happy to oblige. Saying it once was cute. Saying it again on the date made sense. But saying it 3 or 4 times throughout the night? It was getting to be a bit much.

After dinner we ended up going to a Barnes and Noble- again. Don't get me wrong, I love bookstores. But he continued on his crusade of inappropriate PDA when he started trying to make out standing in front of the sci-fi section. He really just didn't get the hint that I didn't want to make out in public! I was able to contain him enough to get back to my car, and I offered him a ride to his since it was starting to rain.

Apparently getting in the car with me was his cute to jump over the seat and jam his tongue down my throat.

Okay, that's not fair. He is a good kisser. But I felt like teenagers making out in the car, and I even told him so. He thought that was awesome, though. When he started inching his hands up my top, I insisted it was time to go. And again, he had to all but invite himself over to my house. This time he got a firm “no, I don't want that.” Hints- this man does not take them.

The next day, I got a text from the Linguist that he'd had a fun night, and that for our next one he could bring a movie over to my house. What the hell??? I've been known to invite myself over from time to time, but never with someone whose last name I don't even know. I didn't respond right away, and later he sent me another text that said, “or did you not want to see me again?”

That was it. I wrote back, “Chill. I just haven't had a chance to respond yet,” which seemed to really put him in his place. He apologized profusely, but it wasn't enough. I think the Linguist's run has ended. Now I just have to figure out how to tell him in a way that he gets on the first go.

1 comment:

  1. Hudson says, "wait, I'm the Hudson McHudson - this isn't the same, is it? If so, I'm sorry I won't sniff your shoe all the time"

    ReplyDelete