Thursday, April 15, 2010

Saturday pt 2- Flooding the Bathroom

After the trip to Ikea with the Dreamer, I had to rush to get ready for a date with the Blues Man. I was already an hour late because of how long shopping took, but the Blues Man insisted it wasn't a problem. Then I managed to get lost twice on the way there, and when I did finally find the restaurant, the parking lot was completely full. I was on the verge of collapsing from frustration when I saw the Blues Man and gave him a giant hug.

“Don't worry,” I told him. “I just need to decompress and I'll be fine.”

We sat outside on the restaurant deck, where our poor waitress was running around trying to serve way too many tables. So when she forgot our appetizer and offered to buy it for us, we both insisted that she not worry about it. You can tell a lot about a guy based on how he treats two people- his mom and his waitress. Based on how often the Blues Man is going over to his mom's house to help her with chores and errands, I'd say he's doing good on both counts.

We were almost the last table to leave after dinner, so the waitress came over to chat for a minute while the Blues Man borrowed his lighter. That led us to joke that we should ask her to come back to his place with us, and I will admit, it was a tempting idea. Since he and I aren't allowed to have sex, though, I think it may have just ended in frustration all the way around.

After dinner we went back to the Blues Man's apartment to drink wine and watch a movie. We strategically picked a movie that didn't require too much attention, so we were free to fool around the whole time. The one benefit of not being able to have sex is the crazy amounts of oral sex. Yoga comes in handy for more reasons than just weight loss, let me tell you. By the end of the movie we both needed a shower. And I think he had a bit of rugburn.

Rather than getting clean in the shower, we proceeded to get dirtier, just this time there was soap involved. Instead of being sticky and sweaty, we were wet and slippery. At some point, though, I think I accidentally pushed the shower curtain out of the tub. Neither of us noticed until the end of the shower, so there's no telling how long it was out like that. (To be honest, there's no telling how long we were in the shower at all- my mind was on other things than looking at a clock.) The bathroom was completely flooded. The water had even begun to soak the carpet in the hallway.

We went to bed not long after, with all the towels down in the bathroom and hallway in a futile attempt to soak up the water. (The Blues Man just told me yesterday that the carpet finally dried Tuesday night.) The Blues Man is an interesting person to sleep with, to say the least. He talks in his sleep and tosses a lot, but at least he doesn't snore. The other difficulty was his lack of blankets. He sleeps with a fan on him in a freezing cold room, with just one blanket over him. Now, I'm a fan of sleeping in a cold room, but I want the warm blankets over me (to the point where I don't want to get out of bed in the morning because there's such a temperature different.)

I woke up a couple times during the night absolutely freezing. He eventually took pity on me and went into the living room to find another blanket. After that I was finally able to get some sleep.

The next morning before I went home, we sat on his balcony while he smoked his morning cigarette. Just sitting there in the sun chatting was the best part of the date. Truly, I wish I could have that every Sunday morning. Add in a cup of tea and an issue of Newsweek, and it would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment