Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Friday- The Return of McCool

The Pirate and I hadn't gone out in a while; he'd been out of town, my weekends had been booking up a couple weeks in advance, the usual. Because of that, when we discovered we were both free on Friday we decided to go out, even though we didn't have any specific ideas of what we would do. Friday during the day we texted ideas back and forth, finally setting on seeing a band at a club downtown. Imagine my surprise when I saw on McCool's facebook page that he was also planning to attend the same show! I sent him an instant message that I would also be there, and that we should find each other and say hi. After all, it's been three months since our one date, and everything since has been over the internet.

As usual, the Pirate was late in meeting for dinner. I'm beginning to think I should just plan to be 20 minutes late whenever I go out with him, as then maybe we'll arrive at the same time. Regardless, we had fun catching up about what had happened in our lives in the last month. I'd lost a boyfriend and a girlfriend, and gained a different boyfriend; he'd gone on two trips out of town, bought a new bike, and planned his next tattoo that he was actually going to get the following morning.

When we walked over to the bar/club where the show was, we discovered that neither of us had enough cash for the door, and the only ATM was actually inside the club! So we pooled our funds to pay for his, so he could go to the ATM and come back with some for mine. As he walked in, though, the bouncer looked at me and said “you can just go in if you want.”

“Are you sure??” I asked incredulously. I'm not used to being the girl that gets special treatment by the bouncer (unless maybe it's the Blues Man). It's pretty neat!

The Pirate got us drinks and we stood to watch the show. The band was beyond amazing, and I was enthralled. Even so, I was looking around to try and spot McCool. Finally I found him standing with a group behind us on some stairs. I texted him “Ha! I found you!” “What? Where?” he replied.

Now, lest you think I was totally rude for texting one guy while on a date with another guy, let me offer up a pitiful excuse. The Pirate and McCool both work in the same industry, though different aspects. So I was actually interested in introducing them, if for no other reason than potential networking. Is that a good enough reason? Probably not. Oh well.

McCool and I texted a few more times until he saw me checking my phone and thus figured out it was me. We waved, but I stayed with the Pirate until he needed to go get more drinks, and then I walked back with him to McCool's group. I introduced them, and stood chatting while the Pirate went to the bar. McCool's friends were really nice, and an interesting mix of gothy rock nerds. Just how I like them. The Pirate also hit it off with the group, and when the show was over suggested we all go do karaoke. The Pirate wanting to do karaoke- shocking, I know.

At the karaoke bar, McCool and I kept flirting through texts, even though the Pirate and I were having fun together. Finally towards the end of the night, I texted McCool “this could be you, you know. You know what you have to do.”

“What's that?” he asked.

“Pick a date.”

“April 9.”

Ah, what a clever boy. April 9 was that night. “You want me to go home with you tonight?” I clarified.

He just winked.

Of course I wasn't going to leave the date I was actually on to go home with McCool, but the idea was tempting. The Pirate and I left not long after, and McCool and I shared two very long hugs goodbye. I told him I expected an invite the next time he went out with his friends, and he said he'd keep me updated.

By that point, I had tons of pent-up sexual tension, so thankfully I had someone to help me work them out. The Pirate took me upstairs, bent me over his bed, and had his way with me. It was sweaty, rough, and totally hot. Falling asleep, I was glad my morals hadn't been compromised by leaving with McCool instead. There would hopefully be another chance for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment