Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wednesday- The Christening

When the Diplomat and I were discussing when to reschedule our date, I'd first suggested we just push it back a week to Friday. (Mondays aren't generally a good day for the sex date, after all!) He couldn't do that, though, because he was closing on a new house and moving in on Saturday morning.

Wednesday was the day of the closing, and also his birthday. He'd posted up a message asking if anyone was free around noon that day to celebrate with him, and I was, so I jumped at the chance. He was supposed to be over around noon after closing, but as usual, it didn't happen on time, so he was a little late. It wasn't a big deal, though, since he let me know beforehand that he was running late. I really don't have a problem with other people being late, as long as I know what is going on and am not just sitting around waiting for them.

For lunch, the Diplomat recommended a restaurant downtown. It was a beautiful spring day, so we got a table outside and ate our sandwiches on fresh, crusty bread. When those were gone, we got dessert, of course. He asked if I wanted to go in and pick, but I let him surprise me with it. He chose some sort of chocolate espresso napoleon, and while I'm not usually a big chocolate fan, it was really good.

We happened to be in the neighborhood of his new house, so I asked if we could go over and see it. He brought a camera along to take pictures for his family, but I insisted on taking it from him when we got to the front door. I made him pose in front of it, and almost got him to smile (he's not a big picture smiler, as you may imagine). I even snapped one as he opened the door for the first time. I'm a big dork, I know, but that's the kind of picture I would want after I bought my first house!

He showed me around the place, and it's been really nicely maintained. I've heard a lot of horror stories recently of people buying houses were the previous owners clearly didn't care about its condition, either because of looming foreclosure or what have you, but it's obvious he didn't have this problem. He gave me a tour of the house from bottom to top, ending in the upstairs bedroom that spans the entire top floor.

Now, I'm sure you know what's going to happen next. New house? Empty room? Two days after the sex date? That's right, that house needed a good christening!

I think I've mentioned in a previous post that I always carry condoms with my in my purse, and this kind of situation is exactly why. It would have completely ruined the spontaneity of the moment to have had to run to a store to go buy some condoms, and there's no way anything was going to happen without one. And, thanks to my habit of carrying two condoms instead of just one (you never know, after all! The only thing worse than having to stop a progression towards sex because you don't have condoms is having to stop sex in progress because you don't have a spare if one breaks) we were able to put his friend's advice of “suck it up and go a second time” into practice.

Of course, it was a completely empty house, so there was no trashcan, towel, or even toilet paper to help clean up with afterwards. I don't think I've gone out in public post-coitus like that since high school, but it was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment