Friday, April 30, 2010

Monday- That Cute Anarchist Bartender

I met the Mad Scientist at the anarchist party last weekend; he was the cute bartender that kept checking me out. We texted a few times Saturday and Sunday, and made plans to go out after my class Tuesday. I got a phone call Monday night from my professor telling me my classes Tuesday morning were canceled, though, so I asked the Mad Scientist if he wanted to move our date up a day.

First he suggested a super hipster bar that I've been to before. When I called him out on the hipster-ness of it, he laughed and asked if I'd rather see his favorite dive bar instead.

The place was a total dive, but that was exactly what I was hoping for. There's nothing better than a corner dive bar to get to know someone over a few drinks. I found out that he's 27, and is starting a PhD program in chemistry at the well-known local university in the fall. In the meantime, he's working at the anarchist collective's coffee shop and bartending under the table. It's very anarchistic, I suppose. He worked on his master's degree in England, and has traveled a lot. He's totally the lefty, social activist type- he's even a vegetarian.

As we were sitting at the bar talking, he kept pausing and giving me a look. I couldn't place what it was, until he finally leaned in and kissed me. I don't think I stopped grinning afterwards. He also had me giggling and blushing the whole time. He's very much the strong, silent type, but it's covering a razor-sharp wit that I can't get enough of.

We planned to move on to another bar, but it was closed. Instead, he suggested going back to his place for some beers. I giggled and agreed. When we got there, he asked me if I was the kind of girl that was going to call him 40 times the next day.

“No,” I assured him. “Only 25 or so.”

“That's the sweet spot,” he told me, grinning.

For a Mad Scientist, he's unfailingly polite. He asked me if I wanted to go back to his bedroom, and I readily agreed. We made out on his bed for literally hours. He's such a good kisser. In between kissing and caressing he would give me massages- I was falling, hard. Finally I told him I wanted him. “But do you want me tonight?” he asked. When I told him I wasn't sure, he told me I should make sure I am first.

Seriously, what kind of guy does that? I know, I know- the good kind. I guess I'm just not used to being treated right.

I spent the night, and we cuddled together under the blankets. You know how when you're sleeping with someone, you'll sometimes wake up just a little bit in the middle of the night when you're rolling over? Well, whenever that happened he'd whisper to me, “hey, gorgeous.”

We ate Amish blueberry muffins in bed the next morning. Then he had to get to work, so we parted ways.

I can't wait to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment