Friday, April 23, 2010

Wednesday- Take Me or Leave Me

The Diplomat told me during out date Sunday that he had missed seeing me. My schedule is such that I book up a week or more in advance, especially for the weekends. Since I don't have class until late on Wednesdays, I suggested we meet for lunch.

His office is about 40 minutes away from me, but only about 10 minutes from a restaurant that has some of the most amazing tacos I've ever eaten. I picked him up at his office and drove us. Amazingly, we found the restaurant without too much difficulty.

The Diplomat eats some of the strangest things I've ever seen. I'm not talking monkey brains strange, at least not that I know of, but he ordered beef tongue tacos. When we went out for pho a few weeks ago, he'd gotten one with tripe. It doesn't gross me out to be with him while he's eating them, but I definitely don't ask to try a bite. I wonder how much of it comes from his childhood living in different countries across the world. He told me his favorite was spending his middle-school years in Zimbabwe.

When we were eating, I was reminded of my first impression of him on our first few dates. He definitely comes off as quiet and reserved, even though I know that he has another side to him (as he showed me on Sunday night.) Sometimes I worry that I'm running over him with my outgoing enthusiasm. That leaves me debating whether I should hold back a bit, or just trust that he likes that about me.

Of course I always go with the latter; I won't change who I am for anyone, especially a guy. I am who I am, whether you like it or not.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I second that decision! Be yourself, and screw anyone who doesn't like it. You will never please everyone so please yourself! That doesn't mean to go out there and be disrespectful and cruel, but don't change who you are to try to make someone happy because if you're successful in making that change you still can't guarantee that that special someone's gonna like the "new" person either. Be true to you girlfriend!

    p.s. You should try creating avatars for these gentlemen (Dreamer, Diplomat, etc.) on LuvHertz.com and copying these amazing stories there! On LuvHz.com the guys you date are called your Vibes. That way you can get a cumulative score for your different Vibes and Chart them against each other using my measuring tools (VibeMeter for an overall score, Entourage Score for your friends and subscibers' scores and ChartZ to see a visual look at your relationships/dates over time.) Your subscribers and friends will join your Entourage and so will I if you invite me and we can add our two cents by voting on scores for your Vibes! You'll dig it. You can even create avatars for these dudes.

    www.luvhertz.com

    ReplyDelete